Junior District Squad
(Instructor to student ratio 1:20)
Target: To continue developing fitness and to consolidate race skills in preparation for school swimming competitions.
Swimmers can choose from five sessions offered per week but generally choose to swim 1 – 2 sessions per week, conducted for 60 minutes per session. The squad is aimed at swimmers who have completed the Learn-to-Swim program and who enjoy swimming but it is not their main sport.
- Perform 200m backstroke with tumble turns
- Perform 200m Freestyle with bilateral breathing & tumble turns
- Perform 50m breaststroke with correct timing
- Perform 25m butterfly developing correct timing
- Introduction to interval training and speed development
- Use a pace clock leaving 5 sec apart
- Complete 15.-2km in the 1 hour session